Every national chapter of Les Clefs d’Or has slightly different requirements for a hotel concierge to become a member. Some common minimum requirements are as follows:
- Be currently employed in a hotel of good standing.
- Have completed five consecutive years in the hospitality industry.
- The prerequisite time frame to be served in the position of Chef Concierge is to be two (2) years or in the position of Assistant Concierge two (2) years if working under a Chef Concierge who is a member.
- Provide letters of reference from past and present employers.
- Provide letters of reference from service industry sources.
- Provide a full resume detailing personal details, employment history, education history and copies of relevant training, qualification and employment certificates.
- Provide a statement of how in practical terms, he or she would contribute to Les Clefs d’Or should his or her application be successful.
- Provide letters of introduction from two active members of the association, one of whom is to be your Chef Concierge if you are an Assistant Concierge, who are prepared to endorse and support the application.
- Attend an interview once the Interview Committee is satisfied all minimum requirements have been met, and that the application is in order.